Sites to help with Cortinarius ID
- Les Champignons du Quebec: Mycoquebec website which provides n excellent reference for sequenced species concepts.
- Cortinarius of the NE – Mycoquebec book: FREE BOOK: The best source for NE with a lot of overlap in other areas
- Cortinarius ID and Discussion for North America: Facebook Group: Come and chat about Corts. Bring species for virtual ID
- Danny’s DNA Discoveries: A site where Danny Miller compiles results of sequencing, a visual key and downloadable dataset with barcodes and references for many PNW species of Cortinarius.
Journal Articles and Books
Mushrooms of the Redwood Coast contains 49 photographed Cortinarius species from Northern CA and Pacific Northwest USA with discussion of a total of 102 species names.
Some useful references are uploaded to drive here: Books and Journal Articles
Collecting for a Herbarium
- Collecting and preserving fungi specimens – A Manual – Ref Queensland Herbarium
- Fungal Diversity Survey – Tips and instructions
- Recommended: Nesco Gardenmaster Dehydrator